Travel planning can be hard work. We want to help out. So, we consolidated a list of our favorite travel resources to take some pressure off of your seemingly endless search for epic travel experiences. Here is our list of go-to travel planning resources:
There are tons of great travel blogs out there. A simple Google search generally does a good job of bringing up relevant blogs for your inquiry. Here are a few (out of many!) of our favorites to get you started: Nomadic Matt, The Blonde Abroad, Legal Nomads, The Points Guy, Expert Vagabond, View from the Wing
We use social media in all sorts of ways to help us plan travel and better connect to our destinations. Facebook has made staying in contact with friends, family, and fellow travelers incredibly simple. It is also a great way to get relevant news and inspiration from your favorite travel publications. Instagram is great for visuals, inspiration and to see where your favorite travel influencers are at the moment. Twitter is great for quick info and relevant media from travel publications as well. Join the adventure and follow along on our Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
Guidebooks are great! We think they are a huge help when planning an epic adventure. They give you quick information about budgeting, must see sites, must do activities and much more. But keep in mind, if you're looking for truly unique and authentic travel experiences, don't live and die by your guidebook. There are a ton of options out there and it largely depends on your style but here are some to consider: Lonely Planet, Moon, Rough Guides, Frommer’s, Wallpaper City Guides, Wildsam
Pro Tip: Always look at the release date to make sure you are getting the most up to date version of your guide book.
There are a lot of places to get good transportation info for traveling to and around your destination. Here are some of our go-to travel resources to give you a head start.
- Airline updates/loyalty programs: View from the Wing, The Points Guy, One Mile at a Time
- Airfare: Momondo, Skyscanner, Hipmunk, Google Flights, Kayak, Orbitz
- Flight deals: The Flight Deal, HolidayPirates, Secret Flying, Scott’s Cheap Flights
- Car Rentals: Kayak Cars, Orbitz Cars
- Train: RailEurope (Europe), Man in Seat 61
- General Transportation: Ridesharing apps, Rome to Rio, Google Maps, Your favorite guidebook (see section above)
There are a million websites to book your stay while traveling and again, sometimes a quick Google search is your best bet. Here are our favorite places to turn to when looking for accommodations while traveling:
- Home or apartment rentals: Airbnb, Homeaway
- Hotels: Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda (Asia)
- Budget: Hostelworld, Couchsurfing
- General: Your favorite guidebook (see section above)
Again, there are a lot of places to search for the best things to do while traveling. Here are some popular places to start your search:
- Travel Blogs (see section above)
- Viator (to book tours, group activities)
- General: Google, Your favorite guidebook (see section above), Social Media
Planning a trip? SHOP our travel notebooks now to simplify the travel planning process. Plan, organize and document important travel details.